Tuesday 28 April 2009

first concept presentations....

An eye opening day!
had my first concept presentation, to explain the direction that i see myself heading in next year in relation to the briefs i have chosen. (i have decided that i want to focus on a mixture of type and image)
while explaining my chosen briefs which i described on my last post it was mentioned that my timings of each brief were unrealistic as i had allocated too much time to some briefs and not enough to others. I was told that 3 weeks for a book cover design wasn't very realistic as a designer would have to churn out a few book cover designs on a weekly basis, as designing book covers doesn't pay so well. I think this is bad news for me! this was something that i wanted to look into as a career but after finding this out im not too excited by the pay situation! I was told that there is another book cover design brief by the D&AD, to design a series of book covers for Faber&Faber, and i will take this brief on alongside my chosen three. The timings for each of my briefs has changed now and i will start with the postcard brief to last two weeks, then move on to the penguin cover design and the D&AD cover design at the same time, to last a week and a half together, while i will be starting the research for the ICA Christmas card brief(which i will be expanding in to several items, such as cards, wrapping paper, gift tags and bows) alongside all the other briefs in the background as i have to plan screen printing times, generate illustrations and this brief will be the longest brief to work on due to the processes i will need to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment